Tuesday, May 14, 2013


Life as a leader
           
Dear Diary, my name is Ralph. I have found this journal lying on the sand, figured it fell from the plane. I have survived the crash and have hopes that my father will be along soon to rescue me as well as the others. I must admit for the situation I seem to be doing fine but I was with only one other boy Piggy until this afternoon. I had found a conch to signal the others, it worked and many more young boys came along. I am leader and I plan on leading us to safety but there are many pros and cons to this job.
Pros: 1. I make the final call, 2. I have the skills to lead, 3. I am able to create shelter 4. I work well with others.

Cons: 1. I may let people down 2. Others will fight for power 3. Some boys may turn against me.
I have gone from a schoolboy awaiting his arrival home, to a leader on a mysterious island without any adults. What am I supposed to do? After my long journey to the top of the mountain I began to feel more confident that I knew the lay of the land. Hopefully I would not have to call this island my home, but until I am rescued I will lead as well as I can and cope with the situation until then.

PS: I must go, but I will return to write as soon as I have a time between building shelters, as well as Piggy’s complaints…

9 comments:

  1. Ralph here! We should build some shelter soon. good thinkin. And i don't think anyone will fight us for power...because they will obviously loose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree where do you think the kid with the birthmark went

      Delete
  2. Ummmm pretty sure that piggy is the one who found the conch and your father wont come save us because he is dead. I should have been the leader, you just stole my position, i am the greatest of us all. Good luck building those shelters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you piggy but you know i am a better leader as well as very capable, nice try!!

      Delete
  3. Hey Ralph, it's Piggy...Do you not like me or something? Was it something I did? I'm sorry i couldn't get all the names down, it's hard to control all those littluns especially with my asthma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did nothing wrong but it sure would be great if you could get those darn names!!!

      Delete
  4. Wow Piggy thats a bit harsh. Obviously I am respected not like you. You'll never be leader.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a good point to bring up how much power we both have in leading younger boys. Obviously none of the others have what it takes to be a leader. Maybe Jack does but all he cares about is hunting and it seems that is all he ever thinks about.
    Ta-ta for now, Ralph.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey its piggy, sorry about the complaints! I am just stressed and scared about this whole situation, and I'm sure you will be a fair leader. Thats why all of us boys chose you!

    ReplyDelete